OIA, the Hub for Global Mobility of Higher Education Connecting Asia and the World
Ewha‘s Office of International Affairs (OIA), founded in 1985 as the International Education Institute (IEI), has been promoted as OIA in 2007, broadening its mission to render services and show leadership in Ewha‘s globalized educational system.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the OIA is to foster the global dimension of the University by promoting, supporting, and developing a wide range of global and inter-cultural mobility initiatives for the members and partners of the Ewha community.
- OIA works with various departments and research partners of Ewha to encourage student participation in study abroad programs and to enhance the campus’ global curricula. OIA also works with faculty members to encourage research, teaching and collaboration with other scholars around the world.
- OIA serves as the One-Stop Service Center for international students and scholars seeking educational opportunities at Ewha assisting in both social and personal adjustment.
- OIA coordinates the global mobility, such as agreement between individual colleges/departments with overseas educational/research institutions, meetings, symposia and short stays to facilitate the development of professional relationships between the colleges/departments and global partners.
What We Do
'International Exchange Affairs Team' takes charge of the following matters:
- Promotion of internationalization strategies ;
- Agreements, exchanges, and protocol with overseas universities (institutions);
- Student exchange abroad • visiting students (including matters concerning seasonal courses);
- Foreign exchange • visiting student matters;
- International exchange scholarship;
- Activities related to student exchange with overseas institutions and operation of international seasonal education programs;
- Other internationalizaion isssues.
'International Student Affairs Team' takes charge of the following matters;
- Establishing and promoting strategies for attracting foreign students;
- Promotion and agreements for attracting foreign students;
- International student management and support services;
- Other matters related to international students.